The Nigerian Air Force is the air branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is the youngest branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces
The NAF invites applications from qualified candidates for training as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Cadets in the following capacities below:
- Armament Engineering
- Aircraft Engineering
- Operations Officer
- Communication, Information and Space Technologist
- Logistics Officer
- Air Intelligence Officer
- Works and Services Officer
- Administrative Officer
- Air Provost
- Public Relation Officer
- Legal Officer
- Education Officer
- Music Officer
- Personnel Services
- Medical Officer
- Professional – Allied to Medicine
- Museum and Archives Officer
For Academic Qualifications and Eligibility -nigeria-airforce-direct-short-service-commission/">Click Here
General Educational Requirements
- Interested applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of the first degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. In addition, applicants must possess credit in English Language and Mathematics and degree course of study.
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Letter of Exemption from NYSC at the time of applying for DSSC.
- Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria where applicable.
- Applicants are advised to carefully read the specific disciplines required below before filling the form:
Also Apply For:
2022 NLNG Graduate Trainee Recruitment.
Captain Elechi Amadi Polytechnic Recruitment ( Teaching and Non Teaching Positions) 2022
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth, and possess national identity card/NIN or BVN.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 20 and 30 years by 14 October 2023 (25 – 40 years for Medical Consultants)
- All applicants must be single.
- Candidates born before 13 October 1993 are not eligible, while candidates born before 13 October 1983 are not eligible for medical consultants.
- The Exercise is not for serving personnel desiring Branch Commission. Therefore, personnel above 30 years of age (born before 13 October 1993) are not to apply.
- Minimum height is 1.66m or 5.4ft for males and 1.63m or 5.3ft for females
- Applicants must be medically, physically and psychologically fit and must meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
- Applicants’ Local Government Area Attestation Form must be signed by a military officer from the same State as the applicants and not below the rank of Wing Commander in the Nigerian Air Force or equivalent in the NIgerian Army and Nigerian Navy or a Police Officer of the rank of Assistant Commissioner and above, or Local Government Chairmen/Secretaries, Magistrates and Principals of Secondary Schools attended by applicants’ can also sign the Attestation Form.
- The Local Government Area Attestation Form must be accompanied by the passport photograph and photocopy of the signees’ Drivers Licence or National ID Card or International Passport. The signee is also to authenticate behind the applicants’ passport photograph.
- Presentation of original credentials: Successful applicants are required to submit their original credentials for scrutiny at the Selection Board Interview Exercise. The credentials include the following:
- a. Two recent passport size photographs to be stamped and countersigned by the officer of appropriate rank as specified in Paragraph 6.
- b. Original and Photocopy of Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age.
- c. Original and Photocopy of Educational/Trade Certificates.
- d. Original and Photocopy of Indigeneship certificate from applicant’s Local Government/State of Origin.
- e. Original and Photocopy of Attestation of Good Character signed by Officer of appropriate rank as specified in paragraph 6.
- Any applicant suspected to have impersonated or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the Selection Exercise. Also, any false declaration detected later may lead to withdrawal from training. Such applicants will be handed over to the Nigeria Police for prosecution. The Nigerian Air Force will not entertain any enquiries in respect of applicants whose applications have been rejected.
Applicants must print out the underlisted documents:
- a. Acknowledgment Slip.
- b. Attestation of Parent/Guardians Form.
- c. Local Government Area Attestation Form.
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified Candidates Should Click Here to Apply Online.
For Support, please call: 09064432351 and 09055840142 or Email: email@example.com. All phone lines are available from Monday to Friday between 9:30AM and 5:30PM.